8.09.2010

Greetings from California



Chilly, foggy San Francisco days did nothing to dampen my appetite last week. I noshed on appetizers at RN74, sampled Chinese fare in the neon-green dining room at Yuet Lee, downed raw oysters at Hog Island Oyster Company, and consumed fabulous spring rolls at Slanted Door, an upscale Vietnamese restaurant with stunning bay views. I'm against taking pictures in restaurants with my SLR (I'm there to enjoy the food, not let it sit and congeal, slowly cooling to room temperature while I pretend to be a professional photographer), so I bring you a few images of other enjoyable city experiences. Above, a dahlia in Golden Gate Park. Below, a few shots of Chinatown.






Now I'm off for another tasty day in wine country, where the clouds burn off each morning to reveal beautiful blue skies and ideal temperatures.  I loved Bouchon's incredible French fare and enjoyed a marvelous meal at Bottega with my friend and former coworker, Angela, now chef at Restaurant ZuZu in downtown Napa (also on my To Visit list). 

It will soon be time to go — I'm running out of money and clean clothes.

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you are hitting the high points -- hope you have a blast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OysterCulture - I'm having a wonderful time, thanks. Consumed a lovely honey bran muffin at Bouchon Bakery this morning, my last day to soak up all Napa has to offer....

    ReplyDelete